Jacqueline and I met online (I know sounds like a dating app) in a self-development course and we hit it off right away. We share a lot of the same beliefs and parenting mindset. Today, she shares her wisdom concerning feeding our infants and supporting those who want to breastfeed.
What we Talked About
- Her journey from stockbroker to lactation consultant
- How her own struggles with breastfeeding gave her the passion to support others
- How to avoid emotional pain due to lack of support when it comes to breastfeeding
- Why commitment is the number one factor to breastfeeding success
- How the gamification of breastfeeding is doing a disservice to parents
- How breastfeeding is a learning process for both mother and baby
- The need for mom monitors during the fourth trimester
- The importance of diagnosis and intervention when it comes to tongue and lip ties
- Moms always know best but are often not listened to
Things to Remember
“Parenting is messy.”Jacqueline Kincer
Let’s Continue the conversation…
Join me and other listeners in a private community created for you as we dive deeper into the topics that are important to you.
Click here to join The Art of Parenting with Jeanne-Marie Paynel, M. Ed. Private Facebook group and let’s continue these wonderful conversations there. Come share your successes and challenges and get your parenting questions answered.
Now, Jacqueline and I want to know from you!
If you chose to breastfeed, how was your experience and did you call on a lactation consultant?
And remember The Art of Parenting was created for you if you have any suggestions for experts I should have on the show or parenting questions you want answers to fill out the form below.
More About my Guest
Jacqueline is a world-renowned lactation consultant and owner of Holistic Lactation. She’s run her own practice for the last 4 years and helps families solve breastfeeding challenges and navigate their postpartum journeys in a holistic way.
- Website: Holistic Lactation
- Facebook: Holistic Lactation
- Instagram: @holisticlactation
- The Breastfeeding Talk Podcast
This episode of The Art of Parenting is sponsored by The Parenting Membership Community Click here to learn more.