Today I had the pleasure of speaking and laughing with Sarah about the changes happening in our parenting and work life. As she shares on her blog “The world of parenting today doesn’t look like what it did in years past. How we work and how we parent are undergoing massive changes.” Listen in as we discuss more.
What we Talked About
- Her professional and parenting journey
- Navigating the world of business as a parent
- The changing family landscape
- Women in leadership roles
- Addressing both parents for sustainable change
- The increase in workload for both parents when welcoming a child
- Getting clear on what matters most
- How she navigates her social life with little ones
- Benevolent sexism
- What the future of work for working parents might look like
- Be accepting of the learning curve both in business and parenting
- Her personal journey with prenatal depression
Things to Remember
“It’s ok to lower your standards.”Sarah K. Peck
- The Startup Pregnant Podcast
- Book: All the Rage: Mothers, Fathers, and the Myth of Equal Partnership. Darcy Lockman
- Sarah’s Pregnancy Reading List
Over to You
Now, Sarah and I want to know from you!
What have you found to be the most helpful in the early season pf parenting?
Let us know in the comments below.
And remember The Art of Parenting was created for you if you have any suggestions for experts I should have on the show or parenting questions you want answers to fill out the form below.
More About my Guest
Sarah K. Peck is a writer, startup advisor, and yoga teacher based in New York City.
She’s the founder and executive director of Startup Pregnant, a media company documenting the stories of women’s leadership across work and family.
She hosts the weekly Startup Pregnant podcast, a show featuring entrepreneurs and working women navigating pregnancy, parenting, and business.
This episode of The Art of Parenting is sponsored by The Parenting School Click here to learn more.