Rachel and I met briefly quite a few years ago in various networking events here in San Diego. She was just starting her family, and me, my business. She moved away and thanks to Instagram we have kept in touch and followed each other’s work. Today, we reconnect on The Art of Parenting as she shares her journey into her own parenting and coaching.
What we Talked About
Rachel explains the principles of Natural Homeschooling and Simple Living.
- Natural Homeschooling – trusting children’s learning journey. She shared how she is supporting her 14-year-old to enter a college program.
- Simple Living – simplifying your home environment and time, i.e calendar, finances, and relationships. Aligning the practical reality with your intentional chosen values.
We also had a more personal chat of how she was parented and how it affects her work and her own parenting. Then, we discussed how we can get other caregivers to respect our own personal way of parenting.
- What she wished she had known when expecting her first child: “Surrender to the connection with your child and your own intuition.”
Things to Remember
"Love the child you have not the child you imagined." - Rachel Rainbolt
Over to You
Now, Rachel and I would love to hear from you!
Out of all the tips Rachel gave for simplifying her life, which one do you feel like trying out in your own life? Once you do, we’d love to hear how it went!
Let us know in the comments below.
More About my Guest
Founder of sageparenting.com, Rachel Rainbolt is the Sage Parenting coach, writer, podcaster, and advocate for gentle parenting, natural homeschooling, and simple living, with an M.A. in Marital and Family Therapy and decades of experience guiding tens of thousands of families from stuck and stressed to peaceful and confident through her Sage Family Podcast, Sage Parenting book series, online classes, and Sage Coaching program. She works from the Pacific Northwest, where she lives wild and free in connection with her 3 wildlings and the papa bear in their fixer-upper on the beach.
- Website: www.sageparenting.com
- Book: Sage Homeschooling Wild and Free offers a natural learning path, for gentle parents who dream of living fully in joy and connection with their children while giving them all they need to be successful, with eight secrets to living a fulfilling unschooling life.
- Freebie: 12 Secrets to Keep Calm, Cool, and Connected, which you can get right on the homepage of her website