Fascinated by the blending of the Montessori approach to parenting and education and the minimalist movement as a way of life I reached out the Jasmine. She’s been an inspiration to many on sharing her own journey blending the two. Listen in as she eloquently answers some important questions.
What we Talked About
- Translating what she learned in her Montessori training for parents
- The importance of order for a young child
- Beauty nourishes the soul
- Giving children practical life activities that have meaning and an intelligent purpose
- Washing rice as a goal-directed practical life activity and sensorial experience
- Tips to help children declutter on their own
- What differences to expect as your child’s intellectual curiosity expands
- The importance of having a reference library at home
Things to Remember
“Attention is the child’s most precious resource.”Jasmine Chong
- Jasmine is offering a course starting Tuesday, April 7, 2020: Montessori Parenting (0-6 years)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō
- A short video about plant care Jasmine mentioned
Let’s Continue the conversation…
Join me and other listeners in a private community created for you as we dive deeper into the topics that are important to you.
Click here to join The Art of Parenting with Jeanne-Marie Paynel, M. Ed. Private Facebook group and let’s continue these wonderful conversations there. Come share your successes and challenges and get your parenting questions answered.
Now, Jasmine and I want to know from you!
What have you found to be the best way to simplify and keep your belongings to a minimum?
And remember The Art of Parenting was created for you if you have any suggestions for experts I should have on the show or parenting questions you want answers to fill out the form below.
More About my Guest
Jasmine is trained as an AMI Assistant for 3-6 and 6-12. She has lived in Scotland, London, and Singapore. A qualified teacher who has supported policymaking at the Ministry of Education headquarters, she is a mother of two children who’ve been raised in the Montessori way and loves minimalism and design.
This episode of The Art of Parenting is sponsored by The Parenting Membership Community Click here to learn more.