I’m delighted to be speaking with Katie today. She and I share our love of having children in the kitchen and connecting with them during family meals.
What we Talked About
- How she went from teaching to helping parents get children in the kitchen.
- Why she chooses to focus on the kitchen
- How children feel when cooking for others
- Bringing cooking skills back in our fast food culture
- Family table time nurtures mind, body, and spirit
- The difference that just two family meals can make in our children’s lives
- Fun ways to engage conversation during dinner time
- Giving children agency on how they sit and what they eat
- Division of responsibility when it comes to feeding our children
- The negative implications of screens at the table and how to get rid of them
Things to Remember
“Parenting is a journey with no final destination.”Katie Kimball
- Kay A. Toomey, Ph.D.’s SOS Approach to Feeding
- Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility
- FREE Knife Skills Class for Children from Kids Cook Real Food
Let’s Continue the conversation…
Join me and other listeners in a private community created for you as we dive deeper into the topics that are important to you.
Click here to join The Art of Parenting with Jeanne-Marie Paynel, M. Ed. Private Facebook group and let’s continue these wonderful conversations there. Come share your successes and challenges and get your parenting questions answered.
And remember The Art of Parenting was created for you if you have any suggestions for experts I should have on the show or parenting questions you want answers to fill out the form below.
More About my Guest
Katie Kimball is the voice of healthy kids cooking working to restore the health of our young generation, one kitchen at a time.
She’s a cookbook author, Certified Stress Mastery Educator, and regular TV contributor who has shared her journey to real food and natural living for 10 years at Kitchen Stewardship, a blog that helps families stay healthy without going crazy.
Along with her 4 children, she created the Kids Cook Real Food eCourse to help other parents teach their kids to cook, build family connections in the kitchen and supercharge kids’ confidence and creativity.
- Website: www.kitchenstewardship.com and www.kidscookrealfood.com
- Facebook: Kitchen Stewardship
- Instagram: @kidscookrealfood
- Pinterest: Kitchen Stewardship
- Twitter: Katie Kimball
- YouTube: Katie Kimball
This episode of The Art of Parenting is sponsored by The Parenting School Click here to learn more.